In July 2018:
- Support team size: 2000
- Quality monitoring consisted of hands-on, manual internal transaction audits.
- Outsourcing Customer Service teams to multiple partners and manual internal transaction monitoring wasn’t sustainable at scale.
- With the team growing so quickly, their Customer support team was having trouble on multiple fronts including
- Lack of control and visibility around quality monitoring at partner’s end,
- Providing the necessary feedback with their existing manual approach to transaction monitoring,
- Error-prone business discovery reports because of manual approach.
- Multiple communication :
- Traditional voice
- Social media
Their Customer Service experts deal with varying tools, and maintaining in-depth knowledge of the product itself is key to solving customer queries.
They are required to connect with external partners, delivery teams regularly.
To add to the complexity, the quality-monitoring team is a hybrid model; i.e., quality auditors sitting at service provider locations and captive offices.
Nuggets of wisdom: Why manual customer support quality control doesn’t cut it
- Biased Sampling, minimum control over what is being audited.
- No visibility on whether feedback was given & no visibility on quality of coaching
- Learning curves of staff longer than desirable
- No visibility on the time being spent by support staff on coaching
- Wide variation in Fatal Scores b/w QAs, QAs vs. TLs & trainers
- Reporting is manual, effort intensive & error prone
Client Customer Service Leadership knew that a robust feedback system is necessary for a team to continuously improve, especially when they sit next to each other virtually instead of physically.
What We bring to the table
- New hire Certification: Considering their current structure where a large portion of Customer Service team is outsourced to multiple partners, their certification processes required automated, digitized and robust system. TransMon is currently used for the Certification & onboarding process.
- Partner Management: TransMon has helped clients bring back control in distributed environments, especially in work-from-home Scenarios. The client now has OneView across multiple processes & multiple partners.
In addition to this Visibility around Staff Efficiency through Automated Dashboards has helped client monitor the efficiency and effectiveness of the transaction monitoring project.
Mail Us: firstname.lastname@example.org